Building Spiritual Support for the Elderly
The 60 Plus Group at Trinity Mennonite Church learn and enjoy fellowship with one another. They also offer mutual support in illness or with specific needs or information deficits. Here are some of the regular activities that are conducted for this group:
- Women’s Coffee Plus: On select Friday mornings, a group of our senior women will meet for coffee in various locations including: restaurants, member’s homes or at the church.
- Men’s Breakfast at 8:00 am at Ricky’s Grill in Okotoks the first and third Saturdays of each month
- Men & Women’s Breakfast at 8:00 am at Humpty’s at Fish Creek Station the second and forth Saturdays of each month
- Eight events are conducted every year (on the first or second Wednesday of September, October, November, January, March, April, May and June) usually at church, a restaurant or other venue in or near Calgary
- These events often include presentations that will be of interest to the group
- They always include food, and we are as a result amassing considerable experience under our belts.
- Special events are planned from time to time by members in the Trinity 60 Plus Group
- Volunteering for the Shrove Tuesday Pancake Fundraiser at Trinity in February every year
Individual members of this group are also involved in various ministries at the Trinity Mennonite Church. You can get in touch with our office to learn more about the other programs for the elderly.